Institute Overview

Industrial Training Institute, Balasore started functioning in the year 1956 with four trades having annual intake capacity of 64 under Craftsman Training Scheme. Keeping the demand of craftsman in various industrial sector as well as public sector in view, 14 nos. of trades with 29 nos. of units were introduced at subsequent stages. The institute is under administrative control of Technical Education and Training, Govt. of Odisha, Industries Department.

We are thankful to Govt. of India, MOLE/DGE&T, New Delhi for selecting ITI, Balasore in the plane programme “Upgradation of 400 ITIs into Centres of Excellence” with World Bank assistance during the financial year 2006-2007. The institute Managing Committee of ITI, Balasore has recommended Electrical sector for introduction under the above scheme with adequate survey on demand of skill in the formal and informal sector.

The institute has got 18.53 acres of prime land in the District Head Quarters with well connectivity of National High Way 5 and S.E. Railway.

The IMC of ITI, Balasore has been closely associated at all stages of the training program under COE and other traditional trades in the formal and informal sector. The institute organizes campus interviews for mass recruitment of its pass out. The institute has also been involved in the process of skill up-gradation of the unemployed youths through informal sector vocational training under various Govt. sponsored schemes suitable for their wage/self employment.