History

The Industrial Training Institute was established in the year 1957 to meet the increasing demand of craftsman during the second plan period. The Institute has been upgraded into Center of Excellence in Electrical Sector by DGE&T, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Govt. of India, New Delhi during the year 2006-07.

This institute has taken a new dimension at this stage after it has been upgraded into Centre of Excellence in respect of infrastructural facilities with additional workshop, classroom, toilets for both boys and girls, good drainage system and beautiful environment. A very well equipped sophisticated communication lab is there for improving the communication skill of the trainees both COE and CTS.

The IMC of ITI, Balasore has been constituted vide Industries Department, Govt. of Odisharesolution No. 625/ind dated 10.01.2005 with following composition. 

  • Srj. Himanshu Kumar Das, MD, Hari Udyog, Balasore, Chairman & Rep. Industries
  • MD, M/S Eastern Cylinder Pvt. Ltd, Balasore, Member Rep. Industries
  • President, M/S Emami Paper Mills, Balasore, Member Rep. Industries
  • Head Technical, M/S Polar Latex, Balasore, Member Rep. Industries
  • MD, M/S Oripol, Balasore, Member Rep. Industries
  • Principal, OSME, Keonjhar, Member Rep. State Director
  • District Employment Officer, Balasore, Member
  • Shri H. K. Patra, Sr. ATO, Math.(By Rotation), Member
  • Shri Subhendu Ku. Senapati, Student Representative (By Rotation), Member
  • Representative of DGE&T, Member(Optional)
  • Er. Nihar Ranjan Pattanaik, Principal, ITI, Balasore, Member Convener